Production Operator I
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for performing routine day-to-day operations on the production floor. Ensures all assigned tasks are completed in order to meet requirements including machine operation, packaging, material handling, and shipping packages, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks on the production floor.
- Performs packaging and batch making functions for the line.
- Performs production preparation as directed following current production and QC procedures, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Assists in monitoring all operations.
- Assists in monitoring raw material and packaging component availability.
- Interfaces with PLC and PC applications in order to operate the line.
- Performs reconciliations regularly.
- Performs breakdown and assembly of production machines.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and performs minor maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and follows all Manufacturing SOPs that apply to this position.
- Performs all paperwork functions related to the batching and packaging operations. Maintains logs, batch records, and all applicable documentation in accordance with internal standard operating procedures.
- Participates in all activities required to maintain a clean and safe plant.
- Performs all production duties on an as needed basis to meet production requirements and comply with GMPs.
- Loads and unloads raw material and finished product utilizing forklift and other material handling devices, as needed, in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform Material Handler duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Remains current in knowledge and understanding of process changes and updates for work areas.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift materials of up to 75 lbs.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 years of related experience.
- Experience with food, chemical, or drug manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Ability to learn and understand Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience in operation of a forklift and other material handling equipment preferred.
- Computer skills and data entry experience preferred.