Clinical Educator, Per Diem - NxStage
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent will provide clinical leadership, education and support to provider organizations (hospitals and dialysis clinics) demonstrating interest in NxStage therapies. Focus will be on successful program introduction, growth and continuous improvement in practices and patient outcomes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Developing professional expertise; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Assigned primary responsibility for specific hospitals and/or dialysis clinics working with NxStage, and will work as an integral part of an account planning and support team
Provide approved training curriculum and education tools to the Home Training Nurses to ensure successful HHD patient and care partner training to; Responsible for Training the Trainer.� No direct hands-on patient contact shall be allowed.
Provide information to physicians and ancillary clinicians to support NxStage Therapy prescribing and appropriate patient referrals.
Provides consultation with nursing for operator training and clinical considerations associated with the therapy (e.g., access, monitoring, nutrition, and medications) based on NxStage clinical experience
Initiate quality improvement plans.
Plan and implement regional educational sessions as necessary (basic, advanced) for nurses and patients with approved NxStage resources
Provide assistance to programs training home patients transitioning from home hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and/or failed transplant as needed.
Provide support and assistance in the development of new programs (organization, quality tracking, systems, processes)
Work collaboratively with all members of NxStage team to ensure growth and utilization of the NxStage System.
Work collaboratively with area Regional Director, account manager and Clinical manager to develop strategic account planning and targeting; to ensure teamwork and proper allocation of nursing resources.
Work with account manager to improve and maintain center and patient retention within their geographical area, prioritizing activities based on account tier.
Maintain clinical competency through nephrology literature, meetings, NxStage products and services and their clinical application.
Responsible for maintenance of appropriate documentation and utilization of NxStage CRM- Salesforce,
Makes arrangements for own travel and accommodations using the current travel partner for NxStage Medical.
Timely submission of expense reports
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willing to travel (75% will be required in position)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 4 hour presentations, sit and bend knees
- Ability to travel to and from customer site locations
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record a must
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2 - 5 years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- B.S. preferred
- Current RN licensure
- 5+ Years experience in dialysis preferably in all areas (acute, chronic, PD)
- CNN- preferable
- For acute positions, ICU CRRT or acute dialysis CRRT experience
- For chronic positions, home hemodialysis training experience preferable
Candidate should have the following attributes:
- Outcomes oriented (customer, patient, NxStage)
- Team player (internal and external) with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to identify, understand, and apply skills to meet clinical and yearly business objectives
- Computer literate
- Time management, organizational skills for multiple projects and travel schedule
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.