Program Manager, Community Programs -United Healthcare Community & State - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Program Manager of Community Programs is responsible for guiding Community and State’s large-scale community program initiatives to execution by converting the strategic concepts into implemented community models via development of strategic frameworks, operating models, infrastructure, and disciplined project management. In partnership with the Director of Community Programs, this role will focus on developing nimble and scalable operating frameworks and structure to drive the concepts of Communities of Health and CARES to fully scalable initiatives.
The Program Manager will partner with the Director of Community Programs to establish and maintain ongoing support for the national operating structure of Communities of Health and CARES which will include serving as main point of contact for milestone tracking to ensure achievement of UnitedHealthcare and Community & State MBOs and developing, maintaining monthly executive reporting to provide ongoing visibility of MBO progress, and serving as the contact for managing press release schedules and content development for marketing and promotional campaigns.
The Program Manager will also develop and maintain playbooks and other training resources that will be used to implement and manage the community models. As part of the overall program management of the community models, the Program Manager will partner with the Regional Community Engagement Consultants, Director of Community Partnerships, and in-market community model leads to identify and track the details of each community model inclusive of internal and external stakeholder partners, completed market research, designed intervention, evaluation plans, ongoing results, and necessary data elements for development of case studies and promotional/marketing materials. The Program Manager will also ensure the execution of external partner contracts, data sharing agreements, and funding.
In partnership with the Director of Community Programs, the Program Manager will identify best practices across markets that should be celebrated and scaled, as well as flag the key risks that require decision making and remediation to ensure success of the community models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish trusted working relationship with internal partners/stakeholders
- Support in-market leads, Regional Community Engagement Consultants, and Director of Community Partnerships with program management of the community models
- Participate and support the execution of new-market launches
- In partnership with the RCEC, track important details of each community model, including:
- Internal/external partners and key contacts
- Completed market research and key insights about highest priority needs
- Logic model results and identified intervention strategy
- Details of implemented intervention and evaluation model
- Key dates and milestones, decisions, risks, and successes
- Ongoing results
- Ensure regular market team engagement to review project status, market tracker status/updates, milestones, guidance, questions/issues, etc.
- Promote market-level communication/engagement, collaboration, peer learning opportunities, sharing of information
- Ensure fidelity to community program models and philosophies, identifying and escalating market risks
- Act as a liaison by attending external meetings with partners as necessary, triage questions to responsible parties
- Champion the operating discipline, assist with directing and orienting to tools and resources within markets
- Assist team members with keeping parties accountable to milestones and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain playbooks and other resources that will be used to implement and manage the community models
- Contribute to the operational and strategic project frameworks including operating tools (i.e., project plans, templates) to support development and implementation of priority projects in alignment to growth objectives
- Manage the Teams folder and SharePoint organization
- Assist with creating meeting agendas and sending notes in support of Community Strategy meetings
- Serve as subject matter expert for community model design and philosophy
- Orient new team members to tools and resources
- Serve as main point of contact for MBO tracking and updates
- Responsible for the creation of the Catalyst monthly rollup report
- Develop and maintain executive level reporting for increased visibility of community model progress
- In partnership with Catalyst leadership, create insight synthesis and lessons learned
- Promote market-level communication/engagement, collaboration, peer learning opportunities, sharing of information & best practices
- Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information; solicits feedback and uses reason when dealing with emotional topics
- Measures self against a standard of excellence; undertakes self - development activities and learns new skills; seeks increased responsibilities; and asks for / offers help when needed
- Works well in a fast - paced environment; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals; and develops and executes strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Can multitask in a changing work environment; manages competing demands and unexpected events; is willing to change approach to best fit the situation; deals well with ambiguity
- Demonstrates ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Energy, motivation, and grit to forge new programs not previously tested and drive results in a challenging, fast-paced large corporate, matrixed environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and relationship management skills with both technical and business partners
- Solid interpersonal skills, passion around facilitation, empowerment, and servant leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years project management experience
- 3+ years end-to-end program development/management experience within a matrix environment in managed care or related healthcare industry
- Ability to challenge status quo
- Proven commitment to health equity, population health, and improvement
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours to accommodate procurements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Project Management Professional Certification
- 3+ years of UHG enterprise experience
- Adding value
- Building relationships
- Delivering results
- Influencing others
- Using time and resources effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low-income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.