Construction Project Manager
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides project leadership for the building of dialysis clinics. Manages multiple construction projects in a fast paced environment from conception to post occupancy. Coordinates with internal and external architects, real estate professionals, and manages the construction process. Responsible for managing maintenance and repair work associated with operating facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the construction process for assigned construction projects by directing, organizing and supervising the activities of contractors, developers, subcontractors and/or vendors as necessary ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
Supervises project quality and adherence to project design specifications and standards. Identifies deficiencies, investigates problems and, report or takes corrective action as necessary.
Provides feedback, updates and recommendations regarding issues or unusual actions that directly impact the cost, schedule or quality of assigned projects.
- Provides regular communication and project updates to operations management and division executive regarding budget to cost analysis, schedule and progress updates, permit or certification status updates and important issues or concerns affecting the project. Maintains up-to-date project information in the appropriate Project Questionnaire (PQ) database.
- Collaborates with Sr. Project Manager and Department staff, Estimating Department, Transaction Management team, and Architecture & Design Group on projects
- Effectively utilizes the construction project management delivery and database management systems.
Ensures strict project adherence to defined scopes of work, terms and conditions as defined in the established agreements.
Collaborates with the Estimating Department during pre-construction.
Identifies, solicits, pre-qualifies or selects developers, contractors, subcontractors or vendors to provide quotes and complete work on assigned projects.
Remains current on bid status on the Construction Bid Board for projects in assigned region.
Participates in the review of contractual agreements (Scopes of Work) using the standard format for the division to increase control and limit liability and risk. Provides input on development of comprehensive Scopes broken down in Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) format.
Confirms the status of all warranties prior to initiating maintenance repairs.
Conducts maintenance investigations of existing facilities, monitors completion of work and ensures all maintenance work is in compliance with applicable regulatory, divisional policies and programs.
Interfaces with Real Estate and Construction Services, Legal, Security, Human Resources, Accounting and Risk Management departments as needed to ensure on-going compliance with applicable guidelines and acts as a point of contact for project related issues.
Maintains confidentiality at all times with various department files and records including but not limited to project performance, site selection, job cost estimates, marketing or business plans and various personnel files.
Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work, on and off project site.
This position requires approximately 25% to 50% local, out-of-area and overnight travel, including air travel, depending on business and project needs.
- Travel may include on-site visits to active construction sites. Such travel may require appropriate attire and PPE.
- May manage staff as needed and directed/assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 year's construction/project management experience in a multi-project environment with a Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent education and directly related experience.
- Thorough familiarity with standard construction practices, means, methods, materials and techniques.
- Current knowledge of construction management from pre-construction to construction completion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, as well as industry specific software, applications and database systems.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of construction management systems, processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to appropriately manage multiple projects.
- Team orientation to management and company culture.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build working relationships to enhance efficiency, satisfaction of staff and corporate support.
- Demonstrated understanding in the use of Construction Contracts, General Conditions and Change Orders.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.