Manager, Market Health Services - Telecommute in Syracuse - Rochester NY
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Manager, Health Services is the nursing leader for a specific Landmark market, and partners closely with the Market Health Services Director, Executive Director, Market Medical Director and Office Operations Manager to formulate market-level strategy and generate outcomes. The Manager reports directly to the Health Services Director. In addition, the Manager has a dotted reporting line to the Clinical Operations team, which is a shared function across all Landmark markets.
If you are located in Syracuse - Rochester NY market, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversees the telephonic care management team, which is comprised of RN Care Managers, Health Care Ambassadors, Social Workers, and other allied clinical staff
- Directs the care management team who are responsible for core clinical processes, such as effective care planning, transitions of care management, quality outcomes, and care collaboration with health plans and community providers
- Leads quality initiatives for the market and represents the market on the company’s Quality Council Committee
- Interfaces with health plan leadership by reporting on key clinical initiatives and outcomes, and through clinical case reviews
- Reviews and audits patient charts for required documentation of the Nurse Care Managers and Ambassadors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must hold a NY RN License in the State(s) where you will practice. RN License must be current, active, unrestricted, and unencumbered
- Progressive Nursing experience in a clinical practice, hospital, clinic, home care, or nursing home setting
- Demonstrated increasing leadership, supervisory/management experience in a health care setting
- Case management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Data Analysis and Reporting (e.g. Executive Dashboard)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BSN preferred, MBA or Business Experience are assets
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.