Pharmacist - Home Infusion - Sacramento, CA
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're reinventing Pharmacy Benefit Management by taking Pharmacists out of a retail or hospital setting and letting them care for our members over the phone. It's a chance to work in a non-traditional setting as you consult with physicians regarding medications and overall wellness. Even better, you'll enjoy greater freedom and still have an opportunity to positively impact our members' lives.
- Review requests for prescription prior authorizations
- Oversee the activities of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and customer service advocates
- Perform all duties and functions in compliance with state and Federal pharmacy laws and regulations
- Support department quality assurance and improvement guidelines
- Perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
- Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation: Prep and scan documents, verify member/patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system
- Contact members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifies whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing. Calibrate dosing pumps
- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
Success in this role will depend heavily upon your customer service skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, call center environment.
This position is a Monday through Friday role working 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST. You would be expected to work a on call weekend rotation which typically is at least once a month.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor in Pharmacy degree
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure in the state of California
- 1+ years of experience in a professional pharmacy setting preferably a hospital setting
- Must be able to work weekend on call shifts as needed
- Doctor in Pharmacy degree
- PBM or Managed Care experience
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy setting
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.