Field Based - Community Health Worker - Western Washington State Region
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Community Health Worker is a pivotal member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role actively engages with patients at their homes. The incumbent will use compassion and empathy to earn patients’ and caregivers’ trust, persistence to support and advocate for them, and excellent communication skills to build impactful relationships.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Conduct patient home visits DAILY to educate on Insurance Benefits and schedule provider visits
- Telemedicine facilitation and set up
- Partner with Landmark interdisciplinary team (providers, nurses, social workers, etc.) to drive improvement in patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the followings job categories: Customer Service, Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; Medication Aide; Health Navigator; Healthcare Technician. Candidates with experience similar to those listed here are encouraged to apply as well
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Ability to work onsite in Seattle Metro Area, WA
- Reside within commutable distance within 1 hour of Western Washington Region; Seattle Metro
- Knowledge and proficiency of basic Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel applications
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Geriatric or primary care experience, or experience in institutional settings of care such as long-term care/skilled nursing facilities
- Comfort with conducting independent home visits
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Superb written and oral communication skills, and comfort level with technology
Physical and Work Environment:
- Noise level is usually moderate
- Ability to travel frequently by car
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Will require regular travel to patient residences on a daily basis
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Initial high frequency visits to patient residences followed by as needed visits during market implementations
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View] target="_blank">https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View] target="_blank">https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.