Provider Customer Service Representative - Remote in Texas
If you are located within the state of Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Provider Customer Service Representative will be supporting providers that care for our members. They are responsible for providing responses to questions that may include Benefits and eligibility, Billing and payments, Clinical Authorizations, EOB, and Behavioral health.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serves as the advocate for providers by demonstrating accountability and ownership to resolve issues
- Quickly and appropriately triage contacts from healthcare professionals (i.e., physician offices, clinics, billing offices)
- Seek to understand and identify the needs of the provider, answering questions and resolving issues (e.g. benefits and eligibility, billing and payments, clinical authorizations, explanation of benefits, behavioral health)
- Research and dissect complex prior authorization and claim issues and take appropriate steps to resolve identified issues to avoid repeat calls, escalations, and provider dissatisfaction
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal partners to ensure issues are resolved and thoroughly communicated to providers in a timely manner
- Strong multitasking to effectively and efficiently navigate more than 30 systems
- Influence providers to utilize self-service digital tools assisting with navigation questions and selling the benefits of the tool including aiding in faster resolution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer’s concerns
- Experience with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday between 8:00am – 8:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work some holidays, weekends, and or overtime as business needs require
- Prior health care experience and knowledge of healthcare terminology
- Experience in a related environment (i.e., office, call center, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Reside within the state of Texas
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints.
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi – task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone.
- Demonstrated experience consistently achieving quality and productivity standards.
- Ability to remain focused and productive with changing priorities and repetitive tasks
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.