Home Therapy LVN
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Functions as part of the Home Therapies dialysis health care team as the Home Caregiver LPN/LVN. Ensures provision of quality home patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures and training. Supports FMCNA's commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAI) activities, including those related to patient satisfaction. Actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Enhancement Goals.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Participates in training of facility staff in the principles, concepts and practice of the FMS Customer Service Model.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides direct patient care and administers intravenous medication for assigned patients at their home, in accordance with physician orders and state nurse practice laws.
- Assists Home Therapy Supervisor in the identification, evaluation, and training of candidates for the home dialysis program.
- Accurately documents information related to the patient's training and treatment. Ensures that the information is documented appropriately in the individual patient's medical record and entered into the Medical Information System.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring, assessment, and intervention for home patients, including home visits, additional training sessions or reviews, lab studies and annual studies such as X-ray and EKG.
- Responsible for compliance with patient supply and inventory procedures, appropriate documentation and ensuring maintenance of all durable medical equipment (i.e. preventative maintenance, water analysis).
- Performs monthly chart audits and reports results to supervisor.
- Report the outcomes to the Home Therapy Manager/Coordinator or attending physician(s) as appropriate.
- Revises Patient Plan of Care in conjunction with signed physician orders under the direction of the Home Therapy Manager/Coordinator.
- Schedules back-up treatments when necessary in collaboration with Home Therapy Manager and physician.
- Participates in education of patients regarding treatment options as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge base in the operation of all dialysis related equipment utilized in the program and in the field (i.e. hemodialysis machines, water treatment systems).
- Capable of trouble-shooting equipment problems with technical personnel via telephone communication.
- Participates in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assists patient care conferences as appropriate and reviews the Patient Plan of Care as required.
- Participates in scheduled in-service classes to acquire knowledge in current practices related to dialysis principles and techniques.
- Provides educational in-services regarding home therapies to in-center staff, hospitals, or nursing programs as assigned.
- Acts as a resource for other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing (LPN, LVN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- A minimum of 2 years Hemodialysis experience required.
- One year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Successful completion of a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR certification.
- Able to work independently to manage emergencies
- Must complete the Nurses Technical Training Program upon hire or soon thereafter.
- Successful completion of the Staff Assisted Home Hemodialysis Home Caregiver Orientation and Training.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.