HouseCalls Clinical Team Manager - CTM - Upstate and Western, NY
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The HouseCalls Clinical Team Manager (CTM) will directly manage the daily operations of the field staff Nurse Practitioners. Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the CTM will assist in planning strategies that result in efficiently managing specific markets while ensuring high quality services to our members. The CTM will be responsible for monitoring key performance metrics and quality improvement as well as procure internal and external relationships which will support expansion and success of HouseCalls business initiatives.
- Program Management and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a mentor and coach to HouseCalls Practitioners (HCP’s). The CTM will demonstrate clinical expertise and guidance, program insight, and support in all aspects of the role
- Plan and conduct Ride Along visits in accordance with guidelines set forth by senior leadership
- Travel is expected and is dependent upon specific market and geographical nee
- Assist in hiring and training new HCP’s
- Ensure enterprise, department, HIPPA, and regulatory compliance: Maintaining security of Protected Health Information (PHI) and Intellectual Property (IP)
- Responsible for all GSS functions: Update status change, terminations, PTO management, population, and network development reconciliation
- Perform yearly common reviews and continually manage performance
- Implement coaching plans and/or corrective action plans related to standards set forth by business initiatives
- Regular meetings and collaboration with supporting departments to ensure operational efficiency
- Providing solutions to scheduling, assignments, and staffing plans
- Plan and develop compelling market strategies and present to Senior Leadership during Business Reviews
- Workforce management: Manages demands of a rapidly changing staffing environment with resilience
- Analyzes and makes fact-based decisions utilizing forecasting model
- Staff Development and Engagement:
- Host monthly team meetings to communicate updates on company goals and performance: Monitor and address field concerns and communicate to senior leadership.
- Represents HouseCalls in a positive, solution focused manner that embodies our corporate values: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance
- Develop strategies to increase job satisfaction and reduce turnover rates
- Identify key talent and provide opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- GNP, FNP, ANP, or ACNP board certified or eligible with an unencumbered license to practice in assigned state
- 5+ years of practice experience in a clinical setting
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience are preferred
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Experience in a home setting
- Experience in working within a managed care environment
- Knowledge of HEDIS and STAR quality measures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and applications
- Solid written and verbal communication: Clearly expresses ideas, but is tactfully sensitive to opposing viewpoints
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.