Client Executive - Remote in Northeast, U.S. - Hartford, CT or Boston, MA or Providence, RI
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Client Executive, OptumHealth Local Markets/Public Sector - UHC Client Management is responsible for the overall management of an OptumHealth strategic accounts book of business in the commercial markets supporting UHC. The Client Executive is accountable for the maintenance, growth and increased profitability of existing business, and the strategic direction of assigned accounts. Additionally they are responsible to direct strategic, client specific initiatives which deliver ''value added'' services through the execution of client specific business plans.
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work. (sm)
If you are located in the Northeast, U.S., you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable to upsell OptumHealth solutions to existing clients through UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual (E&I) Local Markets/Public Sector channel across all accounts in assigned territory.
- Expand our account penetration for existing clients by working in partnership with UnitedHealthcare sales and account management
- Manage client relationship to ensure delivery of OptumHealth solutions and effective product and service expansion to increase revenue potential across clients
- Identify, develop and manage sales opportunities with existing clients across UnitedHealthcare territory spanning OptumHealth’s capabilities
- Accountable for retention and growth quota of new business with existing clients to manage the sales process throughout the entire sales life cycle, acting as liaison with internal and external parties
- Coordinate and influence superior service to clients by establishing collaborative relationships with intercompany and internal stakeholders across a highly matrixed environment
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate level relationships with clients and consultants
- Monitor and enhance performance of OptumHealth solutions for clients to ensure return on investment, mutual growth/success and to monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Maintain a high level of healthcare industry knowledge, including the client’s industry dynamics
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree or equivalent experience required
- Successful track record of managing deep client relationships and upselling OptumHealth capabilities in the Employer market
- 8+ years of sales or account management or product management experience
- 5+ years of proven experience and expertise in the health insurance, health care, or related industry
- 5+ years of experience working in partnership with claims, marketing and managed care systems, including TPAs, HMOs, ACOs or alternative healthcare distribution strategies
- Demonstrated success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing channel partners, brokers, consultants and/or clients
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Ability to travel frequently up to 50% of time
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Previous sales & account management work experience with UnitedHealthcare E&I local markets
- Established relationships with UnitedHealthcare Local Markets health plan and sales leadership and middle market brokers and consultants
- Direct experience achieving $5M total contract value sales annually for employer clients, across OptumHealth or related health services capabilities
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.