This position manages analytical projects in R & D, supervises projects from the assay design, validation and implementation. This position also manages special projects in R & D, and operates as a technical consultant in maintaining current testing reliability including diagnosing test failures and implementing corrective action. The incumbent assists in the development and maintenance of the R & D Department.
- Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects for R & D using HPLC, GC, GC/MS, LC-MS/MS, AA and ICP/MS techniques as directed by the Technical Director.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
- Performs statistical analysis and validation of new methods. Provides written summaries of work to be used for method documentation.
- Trains staff in new methods both in technical and instrumental aspects.
- Manages special projects with the duties of coordination of resources and personnel.
- Serves as a resource for HPLC, GC, GC/MS and LC-MS/MS related questions.
- Writes technical proposals soliciting drug analysis services and contributes as requested to the business proposals for these solicitations.
- Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
- Provides technical understanding of analytical techniques with particular emphasis on instrumental methods of analysis.
- Responsible for informing the appropriate supervisor of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all corrective and preventive maintenance to satisfy to licensing requirement.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of work performed by the position.
Required Work Experience:
- Six (6) years of R & D experience with extensive experience in following analytical techniques, HPLC, Gas Chromatography, GC/MS, LC-MS/MS, AA and ICP/MS required.
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods.
- Ability to see projects to completion.
- Ability to manage time and details.
- Good verbal and written skills required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.