About this role:
As a Biomedical Technician with Fresenius Medical Care, you will maintain and repair medical and water treatment equipment within our kidney care clinics. You will also train and educate colleagues on operational maintenance of our dialysis machines to ensure the safety of our dialysis patients, as well as manage the medical supplies required.
How you grow or advance in your career: We believe in encouraging our employees to achieve their full potential by offering opportunities for advancement. We have a Biomedical Technician specific career ladder with three potential levels of Biomedical Technician role as well as a leadership path from Area Technical Operations Manager, Regional Technical Operations Manager, and Senior Director Technical Services, overseen by a Vice President of Technical Services and supported by Corporate Biomedical Support Managers.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits; we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs dialysis equipment, ancillary equipment, and water treatment systems.
• Maintains the physical plant, as directed.
• Ensures outside vendor services are completed per contract.
• Purchases and retain an inventory of service parts.
• Performs, evaluates, and reports water/dialysate sample collection and any actions required.
• Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly trend analysis on the water system to assure system functions as designed.
• Documents all repairs and maintenance activity.
• Assists in planning and installing biomedical equipment to assure safe and effective operation of facility.
• Transports equipment as needed with supervisor consent.
• Participates in monthly technical and regulatory meetings.
• Collaborates with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
• Manages inventory, including receiving and putting up deliveries, inventory counts, transporting goods between clinics as needed and assist clinical management with inventory costs.
• Performs initial and annual verification and ongoing monitoring of patient care staff’s technique for testing water system, assuring tests and documentation comply with manufacturer’s specifications for the devices and test equipment used.
• Completes all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and company policy.
• Provides scheduled after hour technical on-call coverage for your clinics as needed.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associate Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or equivalent (preferred but not required)
- Valid Driver's License issued in the employee’s state of residence required.
- Continued employment is dependent on successful completion of Fresenius Biomedical Technician training within the first 24 months of service from date of hire.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: collaborative, independent, analytical, mechanical, self-motivated, self-starter, continuously strives for staying up to date and increasing their knowledge/skills
- Less than 1-year related experience.
- Prior experience working in a mechanical, automotive, or construction industry, dialysis, or medical technical setting (preferred but not required).
- Manual dexterity required - ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and safely move large/bulky equipment
Ability to create a safe and efficient work environment, OSHA – 6S – Infection Control
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that, failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
• Position involves active work including lifting, bending, walking, and standing for considerable lengths of time.
• The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory when moving heavy weight items. May be required to frequently lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
• There is potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials. Scope of work includes high voltage equipment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided by the company.
• Work environment is typically air temperature controlled with moderate noise levels. May be required to work in various outdoor elements.
• Evening, weekend, and holiday availability, as well as ability to take
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
"The rate of pay for this position will depend on the successful candidate’s work location and qualifications, including relevant education, work experience, skills, and competencies.
Hourly Rate: $19.00 - $32.00"