Supervisor, Payroll (REMOTE)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor, Payroll is responsible for supervising the ongoing activities within the assigned function(s). The incumbent exercises judgment in the analysis and interpretation of payroll policies and procedures. The Supervisor, Payroll ensures the payroll function is in compliance with company policies and procedures, wage & hour laws, Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and other applicable requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Ensure all activities of the payroll function are in compliance with company policies and procedures, wage & hour laws, FLSA, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other applicable requirements.
- Ensure time & attendance data and human resources management system (HRMS) data is reconciled within defined payroll deadlines.
- Review pay line data submitted by direct reports on a routine basis.
- Prepare payroll reports on a routine basis as required by management and applicable governing agencies.
- Provide support and guidance on diverse payroll issues; researching and resolving complex issues escalated by direct reports as needed.
- Provide direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of payroll staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Payroll Process Manager; or 1 – 3 years’ experience as a Supervisor.
- Good computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Experience with HRMS and time & attendance systems preferred (e.g, Kronos, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Wage & Hour Laws desirable.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities within required time constraints and critical deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and alternately work cohesively within a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with a dedication to effective and timely resolution of outstanding issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.