Billing Analyst | Lenexa, KS
Monday to Friday
Performs review and analysis of data, processes or work flow as requested by Billing Management. May work with different billing teams to provide problem resolution for billing issues of any type. Communicates well, to explain research and findings to management and may be utilized as a training resource within the department or to external customers.
- Scheduled and ad hoc auditing of various systems and databases.
- Process review, data analysis and measurement.
- Preparation of reports as needed by management.
- Identification and communication of billing and reimbursement issues to management.
- Prepares and coordinates presentations, trainings, etc; used as an educational resource.
- Collaborative efforts within Billing to include:
- Ability to research and resolve Billing issues, with emphasis on root causes and reduction.
- Excellent knowledge of BU BIS
- Good working knowledge of BU LIS
- Good working knowledge of Care360 and major EOI in your BU
- Implementation of new technologies and processes (includes testing and follow up).
- May involve some interfacing with clients, managed care customers, EDI resources, IT resources and others when needed.
- Assignment of special projects as needed.
Required Work Experience:
3 years related experience in billing, insurance and third party receivables or clinical laboratory/healthcare industry and/or database experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Knowledgeable about billing practices and process management concepts.
- This may include knowledge of Test pricing and CPT coding, reimbursement processes; commercial and government provider enrollments, claims submissions, EDI and HIPAA transactions; medical billing accounts receivables, review and interpretation of agings, cash flows, write-offs and follow up analysis;
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and other project software tools.
- Personal Abilities:
- Able to write, speak, and listen well and appropriately with different audiences. Able to write reports, business correspondence, and other documentation materials. Able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
- Able to think analytically, conceptually, and systemically.
- Possesses positive, curious, realistic attitude. Is principled, self-aware, and a self-starter.