Part Time Phlebotomy Service Rep I
Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma- Oklahoma City, OK Monday-Friday 9:30am-2:30pm
Main Duties: Show up for work, on time and prepared to perform all tasks and processes, each and every scheduled work day and to remain performing those duties throughout the entire assigned work schedule for that day.Perform all tasks and processes assigned by your immediate supervisor including all tasks and processes you are fully qualified to perform and all tasks and processes assigned that you may be over-qualified to perform. Perform the previous two job duties/functions as a collaborative member of your work team and with a personal disposition that is positive and supportive of your fellow team members.
Collection of blood and urine specimens using various techniques and devices. Accession patient information and tests into the Care 360 system. Process all types of specimens collected. Obtain billing information from patients and ICD-10 information from clients when necessary. Communicate effectively and politely with internal and external customers.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Venipuncture techniques using vacutainer needles and hubs, butterfly devices, safety needle and syringes.
Required Experience: Proficiency in collecting blood specimens from all age groups including pediatrics and geriatrics. Ability to handle large volumes of patients in a timely manner. Ability to successfully interact with all DLO departments and DLO clients. Ability to use a computer and keyboard.
Special Requirement:May need to meet the client’s needs by coming in early or staying late when necessary. May be relocated as business needs require.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position may require travel.
- Extensive use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.