This position requires you to have a state phlebotomy license. (Quest does not accept NHA licenses in CA, WA, NV).
Phlebotomist II PART TIME- Long Beach,CA - Monday-Friday 7:30AM-1:00 PM (Rotational Saturday)
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required, which must include the primary doses and the booster dose if eligible – exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of employment is extended.
The base hourly wage range for this position is from 17.00-21.00. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
- Medical/Prescription Drugs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Supplemental Health Plans
- 401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
- Blueprint for Wellness
- Emotional Well-Being Resources
- Educational Assistance
- Paid time off / Health Time
- Variable Compensation Plans
- Sales Incentive Plans
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems, Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information and collect payments when required, following corporate policies.
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by test order.
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory, stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data when required.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete online and in person training courses timely.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
Required Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.