Phlebotomist I (Part-Time)
Phlebotomist I (Part-Time) | Cliffside Park, NJ
Saturday and Sunday 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR I draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR I has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR I will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, or as business needs dictate.
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
* Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required – unvaccinated individuals will be subject to regular testing
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems, Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information and collect payments when required, following corporate policies.
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by test order.
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory, stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data when required.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete online and in person training courses timely.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
- One-year phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.