PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The LVN PPS provides direct quality care and treatment to patients requiring PPS related services. Promotes patient's physical comfort and provides emotional support to the patient and family.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to all calls in a professional manner. Takes accurate messages, ensures that messages are delivered to appropriate person. Documents telephone contacts in accordance with policy/procedures.
- Facilitates communication and team involvement among providers, other staff, patients, and other service partners through timely sharing of information.
- Facilitates provider's assessment through gathering information according to established policies & procedures. Previews all M.R. charts prior to the patients' appointments. Nursing is accountable for ensuring all pertinent records are in the chart.
- Monitors patient status during specialized procedures performed by physician/provider. Gathers data pertaining to patient's condition prior to, during, and after the procedure (e.g. TMST).
- Legibly documents appropriate patient care information in the M.R. chart in a timely manner, and maintains medical record chart appropriately.
- Performs direct patient care within scope of practice/willingness & ability to cross cover for nursing.
- Administers medication, treatment, tests as ordered in accordance with applicable state and statutes and policies & procedures.
- Refers telephone messages to appropriate personnel. Documents telephone contacts per policies & procedures.
- Competent in phone triage regarding patients with CP/SOB, documenting legibly and with accuracy.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relative to the overall organization. This includes safety regulations with regard to equipment, facility and hazardous materials.
- Acts as a patient advocate in the coordination and delivery of quality patient care. Consistently attempts to meet the patients' expectations for service. Provides for patient's comfort and safety during the visit.
- Completes patient teaching using established protocols as required.
- Maintains clean/safe environment and participates in overall quality management activities
- Respects the rights, privacy and confidentiality of patients at all times and remains courteous, helpful and professional.
- Maintains optimum safety standards for all patients
- Pursues professional development opportunities and contributes to support staff development and training.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent (34-66% of the day)- sitting, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, flexing/extension of wrist use, grasping and fine manipulation, talking and hearing.
- Occasionally (11-33% of the day)-bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching at or above shoulders.
- Infrequent (1-11% of the day) - crawling or crouching.
- Must be able to lift up and pull/ push up to 25 pounds.
- High School Diploma required;
- Must possess current LVN license.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 - 4 years' related experience.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Outstanding customer relations skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.