Cytotechnologist - Rocky Hill, CT - Monday-Friday
Pay Range: $32.73 - $54.01 / hour
Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Supplemental Health Plans
401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
Blueprint for Wellness
Emotional Well-Being Resources
Paid time off / Health Time
Variable Compensation Plans
Sales Incentive Plans
- Microscopically examine and diagnose gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, pre-malignant, and malignant disease processes.
- Perform all duties as required by CLIA. These duties include, but are not limited to, the daily documenting of interpretations to include the total number of slides screened and the total number of hours spent screening.
- Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all samples examined.
- Enter and report results into the laboratory information system.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Comply with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Participate successfully in a CMS approved proficiency-testing program annually, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical lab, physical, or biological science
- Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483)
- Meet ASCP requirements for Cytotechnologist (if not certified prior to employment, must pass ASCP registry within one year of start date).
- Meet state licensure requirements, if applicable.
- Liquid-based cytology training/certification (Thin Prep and/or Surepath), preferred.