Cyto Accessioning Technician I
Cyto Accessioning Technician I | Maryland Heights, MO
Monday to Friday
The CAT I is responsible for general support functions within the Cytology Accessioning Department. This position requires a data entry background. Functions performed may include but are not limited to entering patient data into the LIS, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory or Cytology processing, imaging/microfilming. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client. The CAT I must have to the ability learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the CAT I is required. The CAT I will be exposed to many different demands made by the customer. The CAT I may work on the day, night, or the afternoon shift. Based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime may be a requirement. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
- Responsible for all responsibilities of the Cytology Accessioning Assistant.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the CAT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Learns additional functions within Cytology Accessioning to allow timely progression to the next level. 10. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)