Director Customer Service
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for overseeing the strategic aspect of the customer's relationship with the company, specifically focused on the customer experience in the company. Customer service responsibilities include overseeing pre-sales and post-sales service to customers, including acting as a liaison between customers and manufacturing, sales, field service, order processing, and finance to resolve status, production, delivery, and billing inquiries.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure.
- Develop and implement quality care performance standards, monitoring, assessment, improvement and reporting.
- Identify and achieve overall department goals and objectives.
- Develop, modify, and implement key projects and strategic departmental initiatives as they relate to customer service operations.
- Work with sales and distribution to ensure service levels meet expectations and problems are resolved quickly.
- Identify and control key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement within Customer Service operations.
- Conduct quarterly performance discussions with all employees and complete annual reviews in a timely manner.
- Develop direct reports into true general managers.
- Represent Customer Service Function for Product Shows, customer presentations, internal task forces and sales and marketing initiatives and others as assigned.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams to resolve fundamental customer issues and escalations.
- Create standards of customer service excellence and develop routine processes to insure adherence and performance.
- Conduct regular employee and customer satisfaction surveys to understand morale, market issues and customer concerns.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Customer Service staff.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or commensurate related years of experience is acceptable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years' related experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a Manager; or 5+ years' experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Very high degree of customer orientation, customer service attitude and process orientation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, high flexibility & adaptability to changing priorities, considerable judgment and initiative to resolve problems.
- Strategic planning and project marketing.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Ability to interact in corporate environment with all departments and at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.