Patient Account Specialist FRx
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs Billing and Customer Service activities under FreseniusRx Operations/Patient Services. Responsible for inbound and outbound calling regarding copayments and patient consent.. Resolves patient billing problems or concerns regarding copayments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Addresses and resolves patient billing problems or concerns regarding copayments and authorization.
- Calls Patients and FKC clinics for consent to ship orders and approval of copays.
- Calls and emails FKC clinics to provide and obtain information pertinent to patient's medication orders.
- Receives patient calls and resolves issues regarding patient copay balance.
- Answers questions from patients regarding most recent payments not reflected on statements.
- Answers general billing related questions.
- Takes patient payments for copays and copay balance.
- Applies Primary and Secondary Insurance to patient profiles.
- Applies copay assistance cards and other assistance information to patient profiles.
- Adjudicates insurance claims.
- Assists with Patient Service Coordinator duties, as needed.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prior courses in insurance billing and data processing preferred but not required.
- Health Insurance Certification preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years' related experience.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Ability to learn and apply basic skills needed to work with pharmacy systems.
- Ability to learn and adopt established billing practices and policies.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and convey those to others
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Dependable, focused and professional at all times
- Detail oriented and able to work under deadlines.
- Analytical and able to apply proper research and critical thinking to interpret and resolve billing and collection issues
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into a database system
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations and medical terminology
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.