Logistics Analyst I
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Analyzes company and customer traffic needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Builds stable working relationships internally.
Normally receives specific, detailed instructions on all work.
May refer to senior staff, if applicable, for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Responsible for researching transportation methods and auditing carrier costs and performances.
Develops cost effective routings for clients using national and/or private courier services as required by sales. This should include stat couriers.
Terminates courier operations in the event of client close downs.
Meets or exceeds logistics' program monthly budget projections.
Provides technical assistance during negotiation of key courier agreements.
Develops EDI interface programs with key couriers for invoices and indicators.
Works with colleagues to insure that the laboratory courier synergies are utilized regularly.
Participates in the training of clinical support reps and new sales staff.
Works with Marketing/Sales to coordinate trade show courier activities.
Resolve most client courier complaints regardless of complexity.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain Mgt., or Industrial Engineering
- Comparable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years' related experience.
- Logistics and customer service experience a plus
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with ERP a plus
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.