Warehouse Worker II
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Works in a team setting to reach warehouse operations goals. Perform basic warehouse duties including: shipping, packing, loading, unloading and sorting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility involves loading and unloading freight in an efficient and safe manner utilizing the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Moves product to storage areas using the proper equipment, efficiently stacks, and stores the merchandise in the appropriate area according to established sequences and procedures. Ensures items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Reviews orders for shipment, pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that adheres to company standards.
- Ensures all duties are accomplished in compliance with all Distribution Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Operates any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently and according to the proper procedures.
- Uses radio frequency equipment for picking/selecting, receiving and string functions, as required.
- Ensures a clean, neat and orderly work area, cleans and maintains supplies, tools and equipment to ensure compliance with safety regulations, Occupational Safety & health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintains all assigned material handling equipment in good condition to ensure adherence safety standards.
- Uses radio frequency equipment for picking/selecting, receiving, and string functions, as required.
May be required to perform other warehouse functions which may include but are not limited to:
- Participating in cycle counting.
- Performing labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- Examining and inspecting stock items for wear or defects and reporting damage to supervisor.
- Keeping records on the items received or distributed.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Required to walk and stand for extended periods and be capable of operating power equipment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- Must be able to read English, count accurately, do simple math, and write English legibly.
- The ability to operate material handling equipment is required.
- Must be reliable, responsible, dependable and able to fulfill obligations.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time.
- The ability to follow directions and being careful about detail is extremely important.
- Familiarity with general warehouse operations and radio frequency equipment is beneficial.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.