Patient Care Resource Navigator
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Explores recommends and coordinates the varied community resources and social services programs available to kidney dialysis patients
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for driving the company culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with local offices as directed by the MSW to obtain Medicare and Medicaid Insurance Assistance (non-commercial insurance assistance)
- Coordinates Pharmacy Program benefits and prescription assistance programs
- Social service and community resource navigation and referral including emergency food housing and shelter resources
- Assists with transportation referrals authorizations and re-certifications
- Identifies appropriate community social service agencies and other resources to assist patient and families as directed by the MSW. This may include but is not limited to assisting patient in securing financial assistance obtaining medical transportation and any other public and private resources deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures local state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW) required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years' of Healthcare experience or related with specific knowledge of and experience with navigating community resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.