PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides advanced administrative support to Senior Vice President or General Manager and senior departmental staff as assigned. Requires minimal direction and routinely responds to enquiries and other communication on behalf of the executive. Performs secretarial and administrative assignments of a complex and confidential nature, and a variety of complicated tasks, relying on judgment and experience to accomplish established goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under minimal direction, provides advanced secretarial and administrative support to top management and executives in the functional department. Routinely responds on behalf of the executive to written and electronic communication.
- Handles material of a highly confidential and time-sensitive nature, as well as a variety of complex situations involving clerical/administrative functions of the office that do not require the direct attention of the executive.
- Uses considerable judgment and initiative to determine the appropriate action to take in non-routine situations.
- Interprets and adapts guidelines, precedents and practices.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the executive for conferences, appointments, meetings, telephone calls etc.
- May assists in the preparation of reports as required by senior staff by contacting various company personnel at all levels to collect, compile, and analyze complex information.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Within established guidelines, makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- May perform some standard administrative functions such as screening mail and telephone calls, scheduling appointments and maintaining the calendar, setting up the office filing system, and coordinating meetings (large, complex, internal or external).
- Keeps records of equipment purchases and maintenance for the department.
- May maintain certifications, memberships, and publications for the department.
- Keeps log of paid time off for staff and other staffing administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree desirable
Specialized secretarial training/certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years related administrative support experience.
- Proven success in supporting administrative functions for senior management.
- Knowledge of business and technical vocabulary.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a complex operational environment.
- Ability to employ basic reasoning skills while handling multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and Visio programs.
- Knowledge of organizational operations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with considerable tact and diplomacy.
- Capable of analyzing complex information requests and determining complex trends.
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment when making decisions and interacting with clients.
- Advanced computer skills to be able to continue to advance processes.
- Detailed knowledge of organizational operations, procedures, policies and practices.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.