Facility Administrator (Dialysis)
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs, processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports.
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical Services departments.
- Collaborates with the Home Therapies Manager to oversee the facility’s Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Coordinates inventory/supply management by reviewing monthly inventory count and approving purchase orders for necessary items to ensure cost containment, timely distribution, and competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates closely with the Charge RN, the Medical Director, and physicians regarding the direct patient care responsibilities within the facility.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Monitors patient and family education regarding access care including medical instructions.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address concerns and questions and reviews patient satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory trainings.
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing appropriate training courses and that licensures and certifications are current.
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual goals.
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4+ years of business operations experience in a healthcare facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work, facility staff, and physicians.
- Position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community and/or travel to regional, business unit and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.