Sr Budget Analyst with Workday Adaptive Planning experience - hybrid work model
Coordinates the enterprise annual budget, forecasting, strategic and operational activities. Has a thorough knowledge of the key corporate priorities and organizational and strategic operations. Prepares financial analyses and assists business owners with preparation of business plans for corporate initiatives to determine financial risk and profitability that is utilized by senior management in decision making. Performs security administration inAdaptive Planning. Will be a key contributor within the Financial Analysis and Reporting team, producing relevant and actionable management reporting and analytics. The Budget Analyst will be responsible for assisting inaccurate financial reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This role will partner very closely with all members of the Management team and more broadly throughout the organization on matters relating to the delivery of financial and operational performance that will enable the company to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Assists in the development of the company’s overall budgets and forecasts both short and long term.
- Assists budget preparers with Adaptive Planning at the department level, provides advice and analysis to budget preparers to increase the efficiency of the company’s spending. Has administrative rights to set up security, add dimensions, creating HTML and Office Connect reports. Facilitates resolutions of issue /problems that can affect the completion of the budget/forecast.
- Administers and provides management variance analysis for budget vs monthly actual results for budgets and forecasts.
- Develops and conducts complex analysis of product line report that is used as a management tool for making business decisions. Facilitates the annual management fee (shared services) preparation for intercompany charges between the subsidiary company.
- Develops budget and forecast materials and assists in developing training materials.
- Prepares Enterprise budgeted balance sheet and cash flow.
- Prepares ad-hoc modeling and analysis operating independently with little supervision.
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files, documents, and materials relating to budgetary practices according to company’s policies.
- Tracks central office and field manpower throughout the budgeting and forecast cycles. Creates workforce analysis report (WAR) in Adaptive Planning. Ensures correct number of positions per cost center and maintains open, new and splits in Adaptive for each budget/forecast cycle.
- Ensures positions coming from iCMS are budgeted and is the first approver on requests to fill open positions and enable recruitment to begin.
- Runs reports prior to final timecard to ensure cost center product line combinations are correct ensuring nothing from payroll goes to suspense. Educates managers on how to correctly complete.
- Assists with 990 tax return providing confidential compensation reporting. Prepares annual payroll statistics for 990 reporting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field is required. CPA preferred.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in a financial planning or accountant position.
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving and project management skills to perform advanced financial analyses and complex tasks as well as ability to educate and mentor staff.
- Financial modeling at P&L level experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables and perform VLOOKUPs, nested if statements and logic formulas.
- Previous experience with Workday Adaptive Planning software a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information (e.g., salaries)
- Experience working in multi-entity and product line businesses.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities across stakeholders.
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.