Accounts Receivable Analyst
Analyzes and recommends appropriate treatment of accounts receivable (cash and billing) transactions. Uses strong computer skills and a sound knowledge of accounts receivable good practices and workflow, to audit and analyze complex transactions. Serves as the Primary Accounts Receivable staff point of contact for General Ledger accountants; works to resolve issues impacting subsidiary ledgers. Provides transaction process expertise to the Sr. Accounting Assistant.
This is a hybrid position and requires work in the Oakbrook Terrace location.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives refund recommendations from Sr. Accounting Assistant and ensures accuracy &
eligibility according to established guidelines. Submits refund requests for approval.
2. Ensures PBD (fulfillment) intercompany activities are recorded accurately and timely.
3. Completes any research regarding adjustments, refunds, maintenance, UNIDS, invoices or
payments requested by the Supervisor or Associate Director.
4. Tracks and monitors collection agency submissions and performance for unpaid Enterprise
accounts receivables. Reports metrics to team Supervisor.
5. Serves as primary point of contact and lead for the A/R cash transaction team and has primary
responsibility for responding to their questions or process issues.
6. Primary A/R point of contact/lead and support to GL staff, including the interpretation and preparation of Accounts
Receivable reports for end-of-month close. Prepares information and calculations for accreditation, certification and
honorarium billing accruals.
7. Works closely with the Sr. Accounting Assistant and A/R supervisor to resolve day-to-day, customer account inquiries.
8. Reviews accreditation and certification account deposit account history and identifies deposits which are eligible for
forfeiture. Works with Lead Pricing Analyst and/or Sr. Accounting Assistant to complete the deposit forfeiture process.
9. Recommends account maintenance (matching debits and credits) to be keyed by the Sr. Accounting Assistant.
10. May provide support and backup to customer-facing accounts receivable inquiries verbally and in writing to internal
or external customers. Provides payment history reporting/analysis in a standardized format.
11. Assists team with other tasks during peak times or to meet deadlines, as required.
12. Performs a variety of duties which ensures that transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
13. May provide support to Customer Service/ Accounts Receivable supervisor or Associate Director for specific
14. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or Associate Director.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or business administration.
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years solid experience in the areas of accounts receivable good practices and processes. Requires a thorough understanding of accounts receivable activities’ effect on the general ledger.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven work ethic.
- Analytical ability to comprehend and synthesize transactions and data affecting The Joint Commission Enterprise financial profile.
- Special skills required are aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail, strong customer service orientation for both internal and external customers, commitment to continuous quality improvement, solid organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, experience in working in a team environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities extremely well.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and personal computer expertise.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
Experience working with, and identification of, International wire payments is a plus.
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.