Software Engineering Co-op - 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a Co-op with NxStage Medical a student will apply classroom based knowledge to workplace experience and will benefit from learning experiences in their major area of study.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assignment will vary but may include embedded SW development, Windows, Linux tools and/or scripting projects
- Write software in C/C++ to support board bring up and software requirements implementation
- Debug software issues and resolve software defects
- Support other software develop areas, including embedded processing / driver development, GUI development, algorithm development & implementation
- Collaborate with Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams solve board/mechanical issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively pursuing a college degree in similar major
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Candidate for BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Programming in Java, C/C+ a plus
- Embedded programming experience preferred
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation
- Beginning analytical and design skills
- Basic knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.