PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Cardiovascular Technician performs diagnostic cardiology testing which includes EKG's, stress testing, nuclear medicine stress testing, stress PET stress testing and echocardiograms as defined in department policies and procedures. The incumbent organizes and prioritizes work in accordance with department needs and completes assignments within assigned times.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consistently performs diagnostic quality cardiology procedures utilizing proper technique consistent with department protocols and safety practices.
· Consistently triages patients appropriately according to their acuity level, follows established procedures for patient identification, reviews orders and indications for exam for appropriateness of each exam and provides pertinent clinical history for exams performed.
· Consistently submits accurate and complete exam images and associated exam worksheets and data sheets, consistent with department protocols, for physician interpretation.
· Accurately performs all data entry and clerical procedures required by department to ensure that completed exams are recorded in NextGen, PACS, Allscripts, Touch Chart and additional software department log book and computer database for laboratory accreditation.
· Consistently demonstrates compliance with department policies and procedures.
· Obtains and maintains related credentials (such as CVT) and continuing education requirements needed to maintain accreditation.
· Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
· Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
· Participates in department meetings, quality control and QI activities.
· Assists with orientation and cross-training of students and employees as needed, including proctoring.
· May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
· Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Travel may be required throughout the greater Phoenix area.
· High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable.
· Graduate of a cardiovascular program (such as the CCT approved or CMA-approved program).
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· 1-2 years' related experience preferred.
· Knowledgeable and complies with safety practices and emergency protocols.
· Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
· Knowledge and skills required to operate treadmill stress testing and Holter scanning systems.
· Ability to understand and follow detailed exam protocols.
· Ability to work with patients with limited mobility and severe cardiovascular disease.
· Ability to acquire vitals manually
· Ability to read an interpret 12 lead EKG’s.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.