Remote - Sr Pre Construction Estimator
This position is a fully remote role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Develops and implements cost estimating and national volume purchasing strategies and programs related to enhancing cost efficiency, timely delivery, quality, safety and cost control, and risk management in projects ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives. Ensures appropriate levels of communication between the department personnel and any/all pertinent stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, provides expertise, guidance, strategic support and assistance with the practice of cost containment strategies through a cost estimating program and system of policies and procedures for integrated cost estimating, cost accounting and cost controls through project lifecycle ensuring projects are performed in accordance with established processes and procedures, and in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
May provide assistance and/or mentor junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
Utilizing current knowledge and expertise and the appropriate estimating bid system, manages and organizes the estimating process for their assigned Projects.
Manages Projects in the Bid Calendar,
Performs Quantity Surveys (Take-Offs).
Creates Estimates and prices using the latest available local market information.
Receives Requests for Information from Contractors and issues answers from third party Architects officially via Addendums to Contractors.
Negotiates Scope of Work and Costs with Contractors and issues Contracts.
Assists with the establishment of the central purchasing function.
Works with the Lead Construction Estimator and/or Manager to complete risk assessments including but not limited to identifying key Contractor/Developers/Subcontractor/Vendors required to develop a competitive Bid in collaboration with the project manager; developing detailed scopes of work, scheduling requirements, site conditions, work hours restrictions and any special ordinance affecting completion of the work and special inspection requirements.
Initiates and participates in the project transition meetings between the Estimating and Project Management teams to facilitate transfer of Contract from Estimating to Construction as assigned.
Assists with pre-qualification and selection of developers, architects, and contractors or subcontractors.
Assists project management teams clarifying estimating process and estimates as required.
Prepares Owner/Contractor/Sub-contractor/Vendor initial schedule of values and planning cash flow for the project.
May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This role routinely and frequently uses a desk and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers with repetitive motion.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related area required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years' directly related experience with a Bachelor's Degree; or Master's Degree with 3+ years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education or directly related work experience (Associate's Degree with 9+ years'; 1 year Certificate Program with 11+ years; High School Diploma with 13+ years').
- Minimum 5 years construction/project management experience in a multi-project environment.
- Advanced knowledge with construction terminology, concepts, practices, procedures, materials, means, methods, techniques, bid solicitation and pre-qualification processes. Basic understanding of Contracts, Insurance and Lien Rights Laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with construction management process from pre-construction through project completion.
- Proven ability to create, organize, analyze and interpret bid documents, specifications, scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to assist with the implementation of new constructions management systems, processes and procedures.
- Strong aptitude for accuracy, timeliness and attention-to-detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate (verbally and written) with tact and diplomacy and build effective relationships. Proven ability to respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of business community
- Advanced proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn industry standard estimating bid systems, and project management and database systems.
- Advanced project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Aptitude to work independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude essential.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.