Sterile Processing Technician I, Per Diem - Main OR Westwood
Under the general direction of the Sterile Processing Tech Manager and the Management Services Officers (MSO), serve as an instrument technician within the Sterile Processing Department of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Main Operating rooms. Comply with department standards inclusive of: attendance, dress code, and varied work schedule. Functions as professional member of the Perioperative team. Ability to independently function as an expert in care and handling of surgical instrumentation to include decontamination, assembly, and sterilization. Ability to operate decontamination equipment, sterilization equipment, and (HLD) high level disinfection. Understand the storage dating and rotation of supplies according to regulatory agencies. Follow professional organization practices.Qualifications
* Working knowledge of aseptic technique, sterile fields and the principles of an Operating Room decontamination required.
* Prefer demonstrated skills in proper maintenance and cleaning of instrumentation.
* Correct use of various decontamination equipment and instrument/tray sterilizers.
* Working knowledge of bacteriology and medical terminology preferred.
* Oral and written skills to collect and relay information accurately.
* Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with all staff.
* Skill in performing calmly during emergent and /or stressful situations by taking an appropriate action.
* Skill in working as part of a team.
* Ability in the correct usage of proper English grammar and vocabulary to orient and train team members.
* Ability to lift surgical trays weighing up to 25lbs, handle surgical case carts weighing up to 200lbs. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Graduate of accredited Sterile Processing program, Surgical Tech program or relevant experience. Certification preferred (IAHCSMM)
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />