Clinical Trials Study Coordinator - OB/GYN
In this role, you will work with the PI, Sub-Investigators, research personnel and hospital staff (collectively, the Study Team) to serve as Study Coordinator and Data Manager for research studies by assuring compliance with all aspects of individual studies. Incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that protocol procedures have been completed accurately, safely, and in a timely manner. This includes the responsibility for research assessment and patient intervention under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI). All relevant regulatory and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines must be adhered to in addition to ensuring the timely coordination and completion of study related procedures for which the coordinator is responsible. In this role, you will participate in patient recruitment and enrollment, data collection, source documentation, quality assurance, drug accountability and review, regulatory submissions of events as needed, protocol dissemination to health care professionals (via in- services and meetings), patients and family members.Qualifications
- Demonstrated clinical research experience, with basic knowledge of subject matter, including working knowledge of good clinical practices for clinical research.
- Ability to work in more than one environment, travels to participating hospitals, and attend off site staff meetings, conferences, and investigator meetings.
- Ability to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple clinical research projects for efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including handling work delegated by more than one individual.
- Experience in performing patient enrollment, eligibility evaluations and interventions under the direction of the Principal Investigator with diverse patients using strong experience and skills, as assigned.
- Analytical skills to analyze information, practices, and procedures formulate logical and objective conclusions and make recommendations for effective solutions.
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills to convey and obtain information to and from investigators, patients, families, sponsors and co-workers.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) - skill in speaking clearly, distinctly, and using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information. Required only for specific positions.
- Skill in drafting clinical correspondence (English and Spanish) utilizing correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Required only for specific positions.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel, e-mail, University's Medical Record System, CRMS and databases to create reports, correspondence, and other documents as required.
- Skill in preparation of accurate and timely annual reports and statistical information on all protocols, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in area of clinical research.
- Experience with maintaining case report forms and proper reports based on study guidelines.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel between department clinics and research sites, as needed.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the general public, and culturally diverse patient populations, co-workers, professional staff, and faculty in an appropriate manner.
- Problem solving skill to work effectively, meet research goals, with minimal supervision.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />