Financial Counselor - Rehab Services
ResponsibilitiesIncumbent is a team
member that performs financial counseling and administrative and
clerical functions for Rehabilitation Services. Major duties may include: financial clearance including eligibility and benefits, authorization requirements, treatment limits, co-payments, deductibles and coinsure amounts; financial screening;
registration of patients; walk-in patient billing inquiries; and processing requests for additional visits or authorizations. May provide estimates of services to be
rendered and advise and assist patients in meeting third-party payor
requirements. Required to cover any area
of Rehabilitation Services (including coverage between Westwood and Santa
Monica) to provide back-up or fill in for other duties.
* Understanding of insurance verification for specialty services
* Vast payor knowledge including MediCal, specialized workers compensation, managed care, affordable care companies, etc.
* Working knowledge of payor billing requirements, on-line billing system, and CPT-4, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes for Rehabilitation Services
* Working knowledge of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and prosthetics and orthotics treatments and terminology.
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel and Outlook
Skill in working in distracting and pressured environments with flexibility, good concentration, and minimal supervision.
* Skill in setting priorities with fluctuating demands and workloads.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, including sharing knowledge, giving and receiving feedback, taking initiative to
assist others, problem solving and providing an atmosphere conducive to learning.
* Reading skills to understand documents such as intake forms, therapist or patient written instructions, and hospital guidelines written in Standard English text.
* Ability to proofread written material for spelling and grammar.
* Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions
Knowledge of CareConnect or electronic medical record systems - EPIC
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />