Staff Research Associate
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking to hire a full-time Staff Research Associate I to join the Laboratory of Molecular Neuroimaging. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Recruitment and informed consent of research participants
- Coordination of study visits
- Basic computer consultation with Center faculty and staff
- Image data acquisition
- Behavioral data collection, entry and quality assurance
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with regulatory documentation, literature searches, and other research-related activities
- Experience in psychobiology, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, physics/medical, physics/biophysics, computer science, or other relevant program.
- Phlebotomy certification or interest in phlebotomy (preferred)
- Skills in computer applications & programming.
- Ability to work well with people. Ability to speak multiple languages is useful.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all research tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subject and patient information.
- Ability to set priorities that accurately reflect relative importance of current job responsibilities and ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to individuals who are culturally diverse and from varying backgrounds.
- Proficiency in use of software packages/programming languages for performing statistical analyses, data entry, and word-processing (e.g., MATLAB, UNIX shell scripting, SPSS, MS Word, Excel).
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />