Administrative Assistant II Float - Urology
As an Administrative Assistant II Floater, your responsibilities
include answering, screening and responding to patient phone calls,
scheduling clinic appointments, confirming clinic appointments,
assisting patients with scheduling diagnostic tests, preparing charts
and documents for clinic visits, filing, assisting with obtaining
insurance pre-certifications and referral authorizations, process
requests for medical records, process medication refill requests, and
assist with processing disability and return-to-work forms for
In this role, you will travel and work at department
clinics throughout the community as assigned by the supervisor for
coverage. Work is assigned and reviewed on an as needed basis. This
position works independently, receiving general direction from
Supervisor (MSOII), COO, faculty, and/or the CAO.
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of physician office policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated computer skills including word-processing, use of spreadsheets and data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical, nursing and administrative personnel, regulatory agencies and study sponsors.
- Skill and experience in operating office machines including hospital based computer systems.
- Skill and experience in composing clear and understandable written memos and reports using correct grammar.
- Knowledge of UCLA School of Medicine and hospital nursing processes preferred
- Skill in communicating with patients, families and referring physicians with diplomacy
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Familiarity with physician office billing procedures
- Knowledge of University's Electronic Medical Record System preferred
- Superior typing skills to prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to department clinics, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />