RN - Emergency Department - Westwood
professional nursing care to admitted patients in an emergency department with
rapid patient turnover. Experience in managing care of neurological, cardiac,
medical surgical and geriatric patient populations. Assess, plan,
develop, document and provide quality care to adult admitted patients with
complex medical conditions. Identify patient and family learning needs and
promote effective working relationships.
Qualifications* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required.
* Current and valid California RN license required.
* Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
* One year of direct patient care in an emergency department setting.
* Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire.
* Clinical skills include patient assessment, IV start, knowledge of medications, IV infusions and airway management.
* Ability to provide appropriate care for high acuity patients such as stroke, STEMI, trauma, psych, and pediatric populations.
* Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions on a consistent basis. Ability to communicate effectively and accurately to patient, patients family, and members of the patient care team.
* Identification of abnormal/ lethal cardiac rhythms and ability to provide appropriate treatment.
* Knowledge of electronic medical record documentation.
* Skill in setting priorities and organizing workload to effectively administer direct patient care.
* Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly.
* Ability to identify changes in patient condition and provide appropriate interventions.
* Ability to comply with department standards on punctuality and attendance.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />