Application Analyst, Ambulatory
Under the direction of an Application Manager, the Application
Analyst performs troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization of existing
software applications. In this role, you will design, build, test, and support
new applications and modules within your portfolio and/or service line. You
must achieve in-depth knowledge of the software application and operational
workflows, as well as understand the policies, procedures and constraints of
the clinical or business operation supported by the application. You will work
with business owners, vendors, and other team members to evaluate and recommend
solutions to complex problems and requests.
Applications Supported: Ambulatory Systems Portfolio Applications
- Bachelor's Degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare related organization
- Must have or acquire certifications required to support the applications. If Analyst does not yet hold needed certifications, they will be required to travel to Wisconsin and attend Epic Certification training sessions. Analyst required to achieve certification within three months of the last class and three exam attempts.
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of multiple areas of focus in application specialty areas. Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Demonstrated skill in system workflow and business process flow analysis and design
- Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology, which also includes Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />