Lab Assistant I-Plastic Surgery
Under the supervision of Principal Investigator and senior laboratory personnel, you will assist with the handling and caring for animals in a research setting. You duties will include assistance with assessing laboratory animals, overseeing post-operative animal recovery and animal pain management treatment, collecting specimen samples, as well as other basic animal research protocols. You will will assist procedures including measuring animal body weight, euthanasia, and collection of specimen samples (e.g., blood and tissues) in post-mortem animals. In this role, your expected duties of the animal technician include, but are not limited to: anesthesia procedures, animal surgeries, post-surgical care, euthanasia (pentobarbital with atlanto-occipital severing technique), and analysis of specimens.Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of working with animals and animal samples (willingness, safety techniques).
- Detailed knowledge of all safety related laboratory procedures as set forth in federal, state and University guidelines.
- Understanding of ethical animal research and care protocols.
- General knowledge of research protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and to perform efficiently under changing workloads and competing demands; excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work harmoniously in a group setting.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />