the direction of the unit Manager, you will function as a Study
Coordinator in the Section of Endocrine Surgery in the Department of Surgery. In this role, you will work with the PI,
Sub-Investigators, research personnel and hospital staff (collectively, the
Study Team) to serve as Study Coordinator for research studies by assuring
compliance with all aspects of individual studies. You will be
responsible for ensuring that protocol procedures have been completed
accurately, safely, and in a timely manner. This includes the responsibility
for research assessment and study participant intervention under the
supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI). All relevant regulatory and research practice guidelines must be adhered
to in addition to ensuring the timely coordination and completion of study
related procedures for which the coordinator is responsible. Further, this position requires that the
individual participate in patient recruitment and enrollment, data collection,
source documentation, quality assurance, regulatory submissions of events as
needed, protocol dissemination (via in-services and meetings) to required study
participants - health professionals, study participants and/or family members.Qualifications
- Demonstrated clinical and/or population-based research experience, with basic knowledge of subject matter, including working knowledge of good clinical practices for clinical research.
- Ability to work in more than one environment, travels to participating hospitals, and attend off site staff meetings, conferences, and investigator meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple research projects for efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including handling work delegated by more than one individual.
- Experience in performing study participant enrollment, eligibility evaluations and interventions under the direction of the Principal Investigator with diverse population using strong experience and skills, as assigned.
- Analytical skills to analyze information, practices, and procedures formulate logical and objective conclusions and make recommendations for effective solutions.
- Skill in drafting research correspondence (English and Spanish) utilizing correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Required only for specific positions.
- Qualitative Research experience- skill in conducting qualitative research including individual interviews, focus groups, development of interview and focus group guides, analyzes of qualitative data using ATLAS.ti and/or Dedoose.Required only for specific positions
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel, ACCESS, EndNote, e-mail, University's Medical Record System, CRMS and databases to create reports, correspondence, and other documents as required.
- Master's in health science field, such as nursing, public health, biology, etc. preferred
- Minimum of one year of research experience.
- Experience with maintaining case report forms and proper reports based on study guidelines.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel between department clinics and research sites, as needed.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />