The staff RN is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process and other input from healthcare team members. Under direct supervision of the Unit Director and Administrative Nurse II, the primary responsibilities of the clinical nurse include, but are not limited to, the proper care of instrumentation and equipment, the direct nursing care of patients utilizing the nursing process; development and application of leadership, management, and communication concepts; teaching of patients and staff; maintenance of professional standards.Qualifications
* Ability to complete a Nursing physical assessment.
* Skill in developing a plan of care including setting goals, monitoring and documenting progress.
* Ability to implement interventions that are pertinent to goals established in the plan of care.
* Ability to evaluate the effective of interventions toward the attainment of established goals and to recognize the need to reassess or reset goal parameters.
* Ability to delegate tasks in a management style that is consistent with promoting leadership and teamwork.
* Knowledge base to provide education to patients, families, and other staff regarding clinical and patient care issues. Ability to comply with department standards inclusive of: attendance, dress code and varied work schedule.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required. Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire.
* Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
* 2 years scrub and circulating experience strongly preferredOfficial Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />