Emergency Trauma Technician, Per Diem - Santa Monica
The ED Emergency Care Technician delivers patient care under the direct supervision of registered nurses. Performs basic patient care skills; follows infection control practices; positions, transfers, and transports patients; takes vital signs; collects specimens; accurately observes, reports, and documents; performs range of motion; assists with feedings, self-care activities, and elimination needs.Qualifications
* Knowledge of suturing and suture removal, dressing application, splinting and casting.
* Skill in CPR and EKG's.
* Skill in preparing wounds for treatment, set up and assisting with special procedures such as incision and drainage of infected areas.
* Knowledge of insertion of chest tubes and trauma procedures.
* Ability to assist nursing staff with routine patient care.
* Ability to perform as a team member and provide professional staff support to physicians and nurses.
* Ability to function effectively with patients.
* 2 years or greater or relevant experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />