Staff Research Associate
The UCLA Neuroscience
Genomics Core (UNGC) is a genotyping, gene expression, epigenetic and
sequencing core laboratory. UNGC offers genomic scale screening services
utilizing a range of highly automated and specialized genotyping and sequencing
platforms. We are seeking a full-time Staff Research Associate who will
primarily be involved in constructing RNA and DNA libraries and running samples
on a high throughput next generation sequencer (Illumina HiSeq 4000 sequencing
platform) as well as processing DNA samples through our Illumina Infinium
genotyping and methylation assay pipeline. Primary duties include:
- Set up and perform all biochemical protocol steps involved in sequencing and/or microarray-based genotyping, gene expression and epigenetic experiments carried out in the facility.
- Sequencing library preparation and validation.
- Maintain computerized databases of samples received, experimental designs, data output and laboratory QC records.
- Analyze project data and generate data summary reports for client labs.
- Interact with client representatives to design and implement experiments.
- Maintain stocks of lab solutions, chemicals, reagents and clean glassware.
- Maintain organization of laboratory, including waste management and safety.
- Bachelor degree in the life sciences (Preferred)
- At least one year of post-grad experience in biochemical techniques and molecular biology (Required)
- A combined experience of bench work and operation of automated systems including robotic liquid handlers, genome scale sequencers, confocal laser scanners and mass spec devices, and etc. (Required)
- Meticulous and detail oriented work habits and excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently within an established framework and collaboratively in small group setting (Required)
- Experience with RNA (preps, RT-PCR or microarray work) (Preferred)
- Proficiency with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft Excel etc. Familiarity with Filemaker Pro (Preferred)
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />