Patient Service Representative - Oncology, Torrance
Reporting directly to the
Manager, in this role, you will be providing direct support to the physicians and patients for the assigned Hematology Oncology clinic in Torrance. Major duties include but are not
limited to acting as a liaison for the
patients and physicians in the practice, assisting patients in accessing
service within the health system, facilitating communication with referring
physicians, referring patients to appropriate resources and providing follow-up
through telephone and EPIC/Care Connect.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain and productive working
relationships with Faculty, Staff, Administration and patients from various
social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to creatively integrate competing
demands into a productive working environment.
- Skill in verbal communications to clearly convey complex
problems in both formal and informal situations.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with
a patient population in varying degrees of health.
- Knowledge of specific specialty practice and workflows.
- Working knowledge of patient related policies and procedures
as well as a thorough understanding of the University system and it services
- Knowledge of hospital computer system, and personal computer
systems and the various software products to perform administrative work.
- Familiarity and knowledge of authorization
process & managed care programs.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />