Biomedical Equip Tech III
Responsible for general and various types of medical/patient care equipment. This includes monitoring, diagnostic, therapeutic and life saving/support devices. Repair, service, calibrate, install and perform preventive maintenance on a wide variety of patient care equipment. The maintenance of these devices includes troubleshooting to component level and routine periodic inspections. Complete acceptance inspections on new equipment and provide technical support to the Nursing staff and equipment operators. Follow the departmental and Medical Center policies and procedures. Assignment areas include Critical Care and Intensive Care units. Conduct pre-purchase evaluations and installations of medical equipment. Provide on-call coverage. Perform other related duties as required.Qualifications
* Minimum of 4 years experience as BMET II or 9 years total biomedical (clinical engineering) experience.
* Ability to complete various types of technical reports in clear writing.
* Ability to provide immediate telephone response to emergency after-hours service calls and prompt on-site response as required while on-call status.
* Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical schematics, block diagrams and test procedures for a multitude of patient care/ medical equipment.
* Basic knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
* Knowledge and ability to operate personal computers to open and close work orders and complete technical documentation and reporting.
* Knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuitry's digital pressure tester.
* Knowledge of Critical Care environments and ability to provide immediate response to various types of service requests from Critical Care areas and Intensive Care Units.
* Skills and ability to establish and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with other members of this department, Nursing and other staff of the hospital at different levels.
* Skills and knowledge to conduct effective telephone troubleshooting.
* Skills in efficient troubleshooting techniques.
* Skills in oral communications with medical/ nursing staff, various levels of hospital personnel and vendors.
* Skills in the use and operation of various electronic test equipment including analog and digital electrical safety test analyzers, analog and digital voltmeters, function generators, power supplies, oscilloscopes, various pressure and vacuum gauges, polarity and tension testers.
* Skills in the use and operation of various types of medical technology test equipment including ECG (electrocardiograph), respiration, temperature simulators, line isolation monitor testers, infusion pump analyzers, defibrillator, and electrosurgical unit tester.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />