Medical Scribe Float, Per Diem- Head & Neck
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, and working closely with the physician, act as a Medical Scribe and provide electronic
medical record support services. Duties will include transcribing medical data quickly and accurately while patients are being
examined, preparing electronic charts of upcoming new and established patients by entering referring and other treating Doctors(s) contact information, and all medical information relevant to the office visit, including patient history, symptoms and complaints. The Scribe will provide support to various Head & Neck Clinic locations including Westwood, Santa Monica, Thousand Oaks, Downtown LA, and others.
The incumbent will also provide feedback about any data entry errors and reviewing records using accurate spelling, correct grammar, and completeness before they are sent to the Doctor for review and signing. The medical scribe will be responsible for keeping the physician moving in the office during clinic hours. The scribe will need to be familiar with most current electronic medical record system in the clinic, and be available for training when required. The scribe will complete all return to work and return to school forms when required by the physician. The employee's work is supervised by the Administrative Nurse.
- Ability to maintain and neat and accurate filing system
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, by phone, and email in a kind and
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to practice CI-CARE.
- Ability to use a computer using Microsoft Word, and Outlook, Excel, and Care Connect
- Ability to operate fax, scanner, and copy machine.
- Ability to enter data into the electronic medical records system, with speed and accuracy
- Ability to scan documents, and catalogue patient records
- Ability to maintain a standard work schedule
- Ability to follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to have flexibility in work schedules and locations as needed.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />