Operating Room Assistant - Main OR Westwood
* Knowledge of Operating Room zones (unrestricted, semi-restricted, and restricted)
* Knowledge of OR Equipment i.e. beds
* Knowledge about General Surgery cases regarding equipment, positioning, specific needs, supplies, etc.
* Knowledge of patient needs based on developmental and chronological age and surgical specialty service (i.e. transport of patient, positioning, etc.).
* Knowledge of disinfection principles and use of disinfecting agents.
* Knowledge of basic principles of aseptic technique as applicable (i.e. tying sterile surgical gowns, donning sterile gloves
* Physical requirements: Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 50lbs. or more. Dexterity to operate equipment.
* Awareness of potential exposure to injury of hazardous materials. Knowledge of disinfectants germicides, and sterilants.
* Knowledge of department specialty equipment (name, storage location, use, basic function, and trouble-shooting)
* Knowledge of infection control, AORN, and AAMI standards related to job function
* Knowledge of government regulations: JCAHO, OSHA, Waste Management
* Consistently demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Actively participates in Quality Management and PIE programs.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />