RN - MPU
ResponsibilitiesTo provide nursing care to patients and their families in the MPU. Under direct supervision, the primary responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse II includes the direct nursing care of patients, utilizing the nursing process; the development and application of leadership, management, and communication concepts, teaching of patients and staff; maintenance of professional standards; ability to assume the charge nurse role for the unit in the stead and/or absence of administrative staff. Participate with health team members for problem solving in area management. Assist in the development and implementation of standards, methods and tools to improve patient care. Candidate must be able to function with a minimum of supervision and be highly motivated to provide excellent care and patient advocacy. Incumbent will assist with GI/Pulmonary procedures as well as administer conscious sedation.Qualifications
* Behaviors, actions, and language reflect conscious commitment to supporting unit, department, and hospital vision.
* Projects a calm, reassuring and confident manner and promotes a cohesive team environment consistently achieves high standards in clinical duties and holds self to same standards as others are held to.
* Makes decisions in the best interest of the patient.
* Effectively listens and communicates to peers both positive and constructive feedback.
* Consistently uses good judgment in making decisions.
* Develops rapport with patients and patient's families.
* Able to recognize peers' accomplishments.
* Consistently identifies opportunities to improve unit performance and takes action to implement ideas.
* Maintains positive attitude towards unit and work, helping to build unit's positive reputation.
* Skills in coaching and assisting staff in: 1. Developing a plan of care including setting goals, monitoring and documenting progress 2. Implementing interventions that are pertinent to goals established in the plan of care 3. Evaluating the effective of interventions toward the attainment of established goals 4. Recognizing the need to reassess or reset goal parameter.
* Three years of related experience in a hospital or outpatient setting with GI/Endoscopy procedures preferred.
* 2 years of Nursing experience required.
* Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required. Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />